July 17th 2015
VWM Technologies has just won an order to completely refurbish and modify an eight meter Marwin vertical milling machine.
The customer, who has recently had a plate saw refurbished and modified by VWM Technologies, was happy to place the order for this second machine refurbishment and modifications because he had such good service and is very happy with the plate saw, that placing this order was ‘no risk, no pressure, no hassle, and VWM have already proved their skills and competence with the first machine’
The brief for the Marwin was to:-
- Strip down and remove from site
- Completely refurbish the machine
- Design, manufacture and fit an automatic X axis to allow the spindle to index across the table automatically
- Design, manufacture and fit a new controlled Z axis
- Remove the old spindle and fit a new Siemens 53Kw spindle and inverter
- Design and fit automatic tool changer
- Re paint
- Bring back to site
- Install and commission
No mean feat for a machine that weighs 32tons.
The machine has been broken down into sections and transported to VWM Technologies premises where the work can begin.
Work so far:-
The machine is now in VWM’s workshop and is now undergoing a complete strip down.
Tune in for stage 2 in a couple of weeks..
Head assembly removed